Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Asian Stars Trivia: Ryunosuke Kamiki


Japanese: 神木 隆之介
Birthdate: May 19, 1993



I saw this lad for the first time in Koukousei Restaurant. He plays Yosuke Sakamoto, the best student chef in Shouka High School. I wasn’t a bit familiar with Ryunosuke, and I thought there must be something about this boy that had landed him to such an important role in the drama. It turned out that I knew him all along! Well, not really by face, but by voice. Yes, Ryunosuke is a voice actor. He has lent his voice to many popular characters: Spirited Away’s Bo, Arriety’s Sho, and Summer WarsKenji, among others. If you have watched the movies I’ve mentioned, you’ll know that the characters are very different from each other. I didn’t have a clue that they were voiced by the same actor until I read it on Wikipedia. I really have high respect for Japanese voice actors. In my opinion, Japan has one of the best voice actors in the world.

Note: In the images shown above, The Great Yokai War is a 2005 fantasy movie that stars Ryunosuke Kamiki and in which he was nominated for the Newcomer of the Year Award.

2 comments:

  1. I too had great respect for voice actors. Their skills are critical to the success of an anime. It is their voices that give emotions to the anime.

    By the way, who is Bo? I had forgotten the characters' names already. >,<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bo is Yubaba's son, the giant baby that has turned into a mouse. Ryunosuke was still very young that time.

    ReplyDelete